19.4.11

final proj

B+W Final Project Proposal & Schedule
Mary Okoth
Spring 2011

For my final project, I will be photographing outdoors. Oberlin's Arboretum will be my main landscape. I feel that shooting outdoors will provide me with much better natural light. My challenge in this project will be dealing with outdoor landscapes, as opposed to a wall as my background. It is easy for Ohio's fields and forests to seem gray and monotonous. I aim to liven up the landscape through posed, fashion-like shoots in which, out of place, obscurely beautiful, and maybe even slightly humorous, images will strike the viewer. For an idea of the direction I'm going, it might help to think of the work of Roger Ballen, Alessandra Sanguinetti, & Juergen Teller.

Project Schedule~

Wed Apr 20-Fri Apr 22: Shoot sample rolls in the Arb (only the landscape). Develop rolls/make contacts to decide where I will place my models in the Arb when I return. Also, work on contacting models/gathering props and clothing. Get ride to Loomis to buy more film & fiber paper.
Sat Apr 23: Finalize models, props, and clothing for Sunday's shoot.
Sun Apr 24: Return to the Arb w/ model(s) & props to shoot.
Tues Apr 26: Develop rolls/make contacts. Finalize models, props, and clothing for Wednesday's shoot.
Wed Apr 27: Return to the Arb again w/ model(s) & props to shoot.
Thurs Apr 28: Develop rolls/make contacts. Finalize models, props, and clothing for Friday's shoot.
Fri Apr 29: Return to the Arb w/ model(s) & props for a third shoot. Develop rolls/make contacts. Finalize models, props, and clothing for Saturday's shoot.
Sat Apr 30: Fourth shoot in the arb. Develop/contacts. Finalize models, props, and clothing for Sunday's shoot.
Sun May 1: Fifth shoot in the arb.
Mon May 2: Develop/contacts.
Tues May 3: Make prints.
Wed May 4: Make prints.
Thurs May 5: Make prints.
Fri May 6: Make prints.
Sat May 7: Make prints.
Sun May 8: Fix prints. DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment